This post may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links (this does not affect the price you pay and helps me keep this blog running). Please note that I only recommend products that I use and love. To read my full disclosure click here.
Recently, I’ve been spending time connecting to my higher self. This is helping me feel more connected to myself and to trust myself more.
Connecting to your higher self can be so transformative.
So many of us feel disconnected and look to others for validation.
We can be trapped in the cycle of looking outside of ourselves and trusting other people more than we trust ourselves.
If we don’t trust ourselves, it can be extremely hard to trust others. Our life can feel chaotic and messy because we are cut off to our true, amazing self.
Even if you spend 5 minutes a day connecting to your higher version of yourself, you will definitely see changes in your life.
What is Your Higher Self
Your higher self is the aspect of your being that transcends your physical, emotional, and mental limitations.
It is the part of you that is connected to your inner wisdom, intuition, and higher purpose. This is the most authentic and empowered version of yourself that exists beyond the limitations of the ego.
Connecting with this part of yourself can be a profound and transformative experience that can help you to gain clarity, purpose, and direction in your life.
When you connect with the highest version of yourself, you tap into a broader perspective that transcends your limited beliefs and perceptions.
It’s the source of your creativity, intuition, and spiritual gifts. It can guide you in making choices that align with your higher purpose and values.
By doing this you can cultivate a sense of inner peace, joy, and fulfilment that comes from living in alignment with your true self.
In essence, this part of you is connected to the divine, and by connecting with it, you can experience a deeper sense of connection to the world around you
How to Connect to Your Higher Self
Here are some ways you can connect to the highest version of you:
Meditation is an amazing way to quite your mind and find the answers you need. Being still is so powerful.
If you find that you have so many racing thoughts, practicing being still will help you reduce the noise and bring a sense of peace.
Often, it can feel hard to know what you want and think about things through the noise.
Start practicing being still and just observing your thoughts without judgement.
Imagine your thoughts are light, and float through your mind.
We give our thoughts meaning, especially the negative ones. When you can let these thoughts go, without judging them, they lose their power over you.
This is a great self-love practice. We can be so hard on ourselves, judging and criticising ourselves.
However, this will make you feel so disconnected to yourself.
When you realise that even your negative thoughts are for you, and your insecurities are just trying to protect you. You start to have a sense of gratitude for yourself.
Your negative thoughts are there to guide you, to what needs to be healed and shifted. This is your higher self guiding you.
Shifting your mindset around this creates huge change.
So every evening, thank yourself for everything you have done, even the “negative” parts of yourself. Thank yourself for how far you have come and for everything you have already achieved in life.
This practice will help you love and accept everything about you!
When we stop rejecting parts of ourselves, we will no longer feel rejected by others. It all starts within.
Ask Your Higher Self Questions by Journaling
Journaling is a powerful tool to connect to yourself. I use journaling all the time, and it really helps me discover what’s going on inside and what I truly want.
Here are some journaling questions to help you connect to your higher self:
- What is it that I truly desire in my life?
- What is holding me back from having my desires?
- How can I feel more peace and happiness in my life?
- What truly lights me up and brings me joy?
- What fears no longer serve me and how can I let them go?
- Am I truly ready to have what I want?
- How can I create more love in my life?
- Am I being the best version of myself? If not, what do I need to change?
Visualise Your Higher Self
Visualisation is another powerful tool to connect with your higher self. You can either use a guided visualisation, like the one below or just do one by yourself.
Here’s some steps you can take to do a visualisation on your own:
- Get yourself comfortable and start taking some deep breaths
- Once you are fully relaxed, imagine your higher self Infront of you
- What does she look like, how does she hold herself? Go into as much detail as you can
- Now imagine walking up to her and embodying that version of you. Really feel like you have become her
- If you have something you need resolved, ask yourself now how to do this. Ask yourself anything you need to know
- Practice this often to really feel like you are the highest version of yourself
Higher Self Affirmations
I love using affirmations, they can really shift your state fast! Here are some affirmations to connect to the best version of you:
- I am all knowing. I know what to do in any circumstance
- I know the answers. I believe that everything I need will come to me
- I trust myself completley
- I feel deeply connected to myself and others
- I am open to the guidance from within
- I am love and light
- My subconscious mind has my back, it knows what I want and is doing everything it can to bring it to me
- It is safe for me to trust my power
- I am confident in myself and everything I do
- I am infinite intelligence
I hope this helps you connect to your most radiant, amazing self and helps you strengthen your trust for yourself.
Remember, this is a practice, the more you practice these techniques, the more connected and strong you will feel.
So make time for yourself every single day because you deserve it!!
I love you!
Love this post? Pin it!
Support the blog
Hi, I’m Laura. I’m a blogger and coach. I help women up their level of self-worth by reprogramming their minds to manifest their desires by using The Law of Assumption!
Come join me in the Facebook Group, Manifest with Female Worth